Lizard100 over at Green Lizard’s Blog recently awarded me the prestigious Liebster Award. It is an award for small blogs and works like this:
(1) Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
(2) You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
(3) Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
(4) Come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
In keeping with that grand tradition, I would like to formally thank Lizard for her amazing support and wonderful comments on my blog. Hers is a joy to read and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone interested in green living and thrift.
The 10 questions I was asked and my answers are as follows:
1. What new skill (crazy or sensible) would you like to learn and why?
I would love to learn to play the violin. I love the way it sounds and I would love to be able to play classically and fiddle.
2. Who inspires you and why?
My sister inspires me. She has been true to herself her whole life. I have looked up to her forever and she continues to be a touchstone and guide through the turbulences of my life. Her creativity and thoughtfulness are things that I hope to cultivate in myself and she is always supportive of my efforts to improve myself in whatever form that may take.
3. Regardless of compatibility, what top five would go in your ideal sandwich?
Italian dry salami, swiss cheese, turkey, mayo, and cheddar.
4. What’s the most unusual object in your home?
A small statue of Winged Victory that sits on a hand-painted pedestal in my living room. I love her. She makes me very happy.
5. The book that changed your life?
Oh my. I can’t remember them all! One was Siddartha by Herman Hesse.
6. How would you spend £20.00 as a treat, splurge or surprise?
I think I would spend it as a surprise for my husband if only I could figure out what to get him!
7. Take us on your favorite journey. Where to and from and what’s the on the way stuff that makes the journey memorable?
My favorite journey is a 16 hour car trip with my kids to another state to see my parents. My father flies up and drives back down with us so I don’t have to drive by myself. We do it the first week of the kids’ summer vacation. My husband can’t take that much time off ao he hangs out at home and plays video games. It’s wonderful time with my Dad, talking about everything and nothing. It’s time spent with my kids when I don’t have to be worried about watching them every minute. It’s a beautiful drive, and we loved it last year.
8. Is there something that you really couldn’t do that surprised you?
I started this round of college as a computer science major. Turns out I really suck at it. I am a user, not a programmer. Who knew?
9. You’ve packed your bag with everything you actually need on a trip. What’s the one thing you have to check before you leave the house?(apart from your travel documents)
I have to make sure the door is locked. Twice.
10. What’s your preferred comfortable spot to take in the view or passers-by in the world?
I don’t really have one right now. When I was in Florida, there was a certain gazebo right in the middle of the barracks area that I loved to sit and read and watch people in.
Here’s the fun part. 10 blogs that I will be passing this award on to:
They are all wonderful sites and I urge you to visit them. There are lots of wonderful tips and thoughts on these sites and I thoroughly enjoy them all.
Here are my 10 questions for them:
1. Talk about your favorite piece of clothing – what it is and why its your favorite.
2. If your life had a theme, what would it be?
3. What one talent makes you unique?
4. Why do you blog?
5. What 3 people would you like to have dinner with (alive only)?
6. What’s your favorite movie of all time?
7. What’s your favorite quote?
8. What’s your favorite joke?
9. How do you deal with change, big or small?
10. Are you a pessimist, why or why not?
Congratulations to all the wonderful blogs and thank you to Lizard 100 for honoring me with this award.